• Profile photo of HavocHavoc

Any update on what’s causing your fatigue?

Profile photo of HavocHavoc

Profile photo of cnsky54RRTcnsky54RRT
    Participant

Just FYI, a normal sat on a meter can be deceiving. If you only had one red blood cell in your whole body and it had four oxygen molecules attached to it, you would be at 100% saturation but quite nonfunctional. The key to the fatigue is not enough hemoglobins carrying oxygen around. It would be interesting to know if you have a small bleed somewhere that is losing RBCs into your gut, or if your bones are not producing quite enough reds.

Participant

Just FYI, a normal sat on a meter can be deceiving. If you only had one red blood cell in your whole body and it had four oxygen molecules attached to it, you would be at 100% saturation but quite nonfunctional. The key to the fatigue is not enough hemoglobins carrying oxygen around. It would be interesting to know if you have a small bleed somewhere that is losing RBCs into your gut, or if your bones are not producing quite enough reds.

Participant

Profile photo of ubuffman2001ubuffman2001

No, unfortunately they haven’t.  The family doctor I see, not being that familiar with CF immediately jumped the gun and thought it was stress or depression.  I have been suffering from it for 5 years, in periods with and without stress.  I would be willing to try an antidepressant to see if there is any benefit though.
    The only 2 times where there was a substantial improvement in my sleep, and again for only about 2 days, was when I received IV meds voluntarily for a sinus infection (zosyn) and when I took a 325mg iron sulfate pill at night.  I still woke up tired on the pill, but when I took a nap for an hour and woke up, I worked for 6-7 hours straight on some reading.

No, unfortunately they haven’t. The family doctor I see, not being that familiar with CF immediately jumped the gun and thought it was stress or depression. I have been suffering from it for 5 years, in periods with and without stress. I would be willing to try an antidepressant to see if there is any benefit though.
    The only 2 times where there was a substantial improvement in my sleep, and again for only about 2 days, was when I received IV meds voluntarily for a sinus infection (zosyn) and when I took a 325mg iron sulfate pill at night. I still woke up tired on the pill, but when I took a nap for an hour and woke up, I worked for 6-7 hours straight on some reading.

No, unfortunately they haven’t. The family doctor I see, not being that familiar with CF immediately jumped the gun and thought it was stress or depression. I have been suffering from it for 5 years, in periods with and without stress. I would be willing to try an antidepressant to see if there is any benefit though.

The only 2 times where there was a substantial improvement in my sleep, and again for only about 2 days, was when I received IV meds voluntarily for a sinus infection (zosyn) and when I took a 325mg iron sulfate pill at night. I still woke up tired on the pill, but when I took a nap for an hour and woke up, I worked for 6-7 hours straight on some reading.

Have they been able to find the cause of your fatigue?

Hi,
    First of all dont sweat these lab values. I am an ER nurse and I am in school to be a Physician Assistant so I read CBCs all the time. It looks like you may have anemia of chronic disease. You H&H is actually on the low side of normal and the fact that your lymph and neutrophils are not elevated is a good sign—they rise when you have an infection.
    As for your vitamin B12 and folate levels, they would be low if you were having major absorption problems, as they are absorbed mainly through the gut. Since they are a little elevated you could have a megaloblastic anemia but that is unlikey, your H&H would probably be much lower.
    I hope this helps.

Hi,
    First of all dont sweat these lab values. I am an ER nurse and I am in school to be a Physician Assistant so I read CBCs all the time. It looks like you may have anemia of chronic disease. You H&H is actually on the low side of normal and the fact that your lymph and neutrophils are not elevated is a good sign—they rise when you have an infection.
    As for your vitamin B12 and folate levels, they would be low if you were having major absorption problems, as they are absorbed mainly through the gut. Since they are a little elevated you could have a megaloblastic anemia but that is unlikey, your H&H would probably be much lower.
    I hope this helps.

Hi,

I hope this helps.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.