• Profile photo of KeepercjrKeepercjr

My symptoms were mild yet persistent burning / gnawing pain right smack in the middle of my abdomen right below my breast bone. Nobody ever attributed it to gall bladder problems (even though stones were found many years ago during an u/s for something else) due to the location of the pain. Classic gb pain is upper right quadrant not middle. The past few years when I would get the pain, it was worse and was accompanied by mild nausea. I would wake up fine but as the day progressed so did the pain and the nausea. Tylenol did help sometimes. Usually it lasted for around a week but once it lasted for almost a month and I about lost my mind. I even had an upper GI looking to see if I had an ulcer which is what I thought I had. Since it was not an ulcer the GI told me it must be reflux. I didn’t really buy it but did not have another explanation.

It wasn’t till I had the classic gall bladder attack did we realize what was going on. And get this – my horrific gall bladder attack pains were right in the same spot – middle right below my breast bone. My case was serious though because stones got stuck in the duct and I started to get dark and strong smelling urine, nausea and vomiting and liver pain (bile was backing up into the liver and making me ill).

I know 100% that my pain all these years was gall bladder. I haven’t had pain since my surgery last summer. And after doing some research it turns out that plenty of people have gall bladder pain in the middle not always on the right side.

Profile photo of KeepercjrKeepercjr

My symptoms were mild yet persistent burning / gnawing pain right smack in the middle of my abdomen right below my breast bone. Nobody ever attributed it to gall bladder problems (even though stones were found many years ago during an u/s for something else) due to the location of the pain. Classic gb pain is upper right quadrant not middle. The past few years when I would get the pain, it was worse and was accompanied by mild nausea. I would wake up fine but as the day progressed so did the pain and the nausea. Tylenol did help sometimes. Usually it lasted for around a week but once it lasted for almost a month and I about lost my mind. I even had an upper GI looking to see if I had an ulcer which is what I thought I had. Since it was not an ulcer the GI told me it must be reflux. I didn’t really buy it but did not have another explanation.

It wasn’t till I had the classic gall bladder attack did we realize what was going on. And get this – my horrific gall bladder attack pains were right in the same spot – middle right below my breast bone. My case was serious though because stones got stuck in the duct and I started to get dark and strong smelling urine, nausea and vomiting and liver pain (bile was backing up into the liver and making me ill).

I know 100% that my pain all these years was gall bladder. I haven’t had pain since my surgery last summer. And after doing some research it turns out that plenty of people have gall bladder pain in the middle not always on the right side.

Profile photo of mamaScarlettmamaScarlett

I’m interested in this topic too and to the OP-glad your surgery went off well!
    Before my last pregnancy they found some gallstones on a routine ct, which explained mild pain I’d be having on and off. They said they’d keep an eye on it and re-address it post preg.

Can you all please describe the symptoms you had that led you to find out it was your gallbladder? What is the pain like and where do you feel it?
    Thanks!!

Before my last pregnancy they found some gallstones on a routine ct, which explained mild pain I’d be having on and off. They said they’d keep an eye on it and re-address it post preg.

Can you all please describe the symptoms you had that led you to find out it was your gallbladder? What is the pain like and where do you feel it?
    Thanks!!

Thanks!!

Profile photo of PrinterPrinter
    Participant

I had my gall bladder our in my early 30s it went fine. One reason for gall stones is Hypoparathyrodism. This causes your body to over produce calcium. You should have your Doctor check it out, itsa simple blood test.

Bill

76 year old male with CF. Mutations Delta F508 & V562I; A1006E, 5T/12. MAC, 100% PI, Diagnosed at age 47 with first known symptoms at age 3.

Participant

I had my gall bladder our in my early 30s it went fine. One reason for gall stones is Hypoparathyrodism. This causes your body to over produce calcium. You should have your Doctor check it out, itsa simple blood test.

Bill

76 year old male with CF. Mutations Delta F508 & V562I; A1006E, 5T/12. MAC, 100% PI, Diagnosed at age 47 with first known symptoms at age 3.

Participant

Bill

I am still adjusting to what I can and can not eat and it has been over a year. I just can’t seem to figure it out sometimes. The dietitian at my clinic said you can still consume the same amount of fat as before but you may need to spread it out more. But I have read recently that if you stick to a good schedule for eating your liver will produce more bile at those times which would help too. Luckily I have no weight problems but I am trying to get more fat (animal) into my diet for health reasons. harder to do w/ no gall bladder though.

I have to say that I’d rather deal with the eating challenges I have now than the pain I had been in for over 10 years w/ no clear answer as to what it was.

I am still adjusting to what I can and can not eat and it has been over a year. I just can’t seem to figure it out sometimes. The dietitian at my clinic said you can still consume the same amount of fat as before but you may need to spread it out more. But I have read recently that if you stick to a good schedule for eating your liver will produce more bile at those times which would help too. Luckily I have no weight problems but I am trying to get more fat (animal) into my diet for health reasons. harder to do w/ no gall bladder though.

I have to say that I’d rather deal with the eating challenges I have now than the pain I had been in for over 10 years w/ no clear answer as to what it was.

Profile photo of coltsfan715coltsfan715

There will likely be a period of time after you have your gallbladder removed where you are using the bathroom more often and your stool may likely be green. This happens with most people, by my understanding, not just CFers. For me I remember having difficulty with coughing, but holding a pillow tightly to your stomach while you cough is very effective in reducing that pain.

I hope that both of you are feeling better. I know when I had mine removed it was a blessing to not have the pain and vomiting every little bit.

Lindsey

There will likely be a period of time after you have your gallbladder removed where you are using the bathroom more often and your stool may likely be green. This happens with most people, by my understanding, not just CFers. For me I remember having difficulty with coughing, but holding a pillow tightly to your stomach while you cough is very effective in reducing that pain.

I hope that both of you are feeling better. I know when I had mine removed it was a blessing to not have the pain and vomiting every little bit.

Lindsey

Lindsey

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.