Thanks so much for responding ladies!!  Her stools have never been normal.  That’s why she’s been through two bowel clinics and rectal biopsy to check for Hirschsprungs.  This is the first time shes been tested for Cf.  I was told I’m not a carrier, I guess they only checked the most common 32 mutations.  I assumed that truely meant that I’m not a carrier.  I refused to have her tested the first time b/c I thought it was impossible.  When I was asked a second time, I thought why not it can’t hurt, two borderline sweat test later and here we are.

Thanks so much for responding ladies!! Her stools have never been normal. That’s why she’s been through two bowel clinics and rectal biopsy to check for Hirschsprungs. This is the first time shes been tested for Cf. I was told I’m not a carrier, I guess they only checked the most common 32 mutations. I assumed that truely meant that I’m not a carrier. I refused to have her tested the first time b/c I thought it was impossible. When I was asked a second time, I thought why not it can’t hurt, two borderline sweat test later and here we are.

Thanks so much for responding ladies!! Her stools have never been normal. That’s why she’s been through two bowel clinics and rectal biopsy to check for Hirschsprungs. This is the first time shes been tested for Cf. I was told I’m not a carrier, I guess they only checked the most common 32 mutations. I assumed that truely meant that I’m not a carrier. I refused to have her tested the first time b/c I thought it was impossible. When I was asked a second time, I thought why not it can’t hurt, two borderline sweat test later and here we are.

Profile photo of austisuaustisu

DS’ were never greasy, usually fluffy like cake frosting, floated — was an orangish yellowish color and would leave a ring of residue around the waterline in the toilet bowl.

DS’ were never greasy, usually fluffy like cake frosting, floated — was an orangish yellowish color and would leave a ring of residue around the waterline in the toilet bowl.

Profile photo of jaybirdjaybird

For us- Ambry Amplified w/deletions and duplications- a good 5wks.
    Sputum culture- preliminary results- 2 days, final results- about a week.
    eta> stool sample, about 2 days. Fluffy/floating stool- sounds like malabsorption. Slimy- it’s what we see here when Emily passes a lot of mucus, but other times we see greasy stool, which is similar but not quite the same. Greasy generally means undigested fat and if it’s chronic usually means she needs more enzymes.

eta> stool sample, about 2 days. Fluffy/floating stool- sounds like malabsorption. Slimy- it’s what we see here when Emily passes a lot of mucus, but other times we see greasy stool, which is similar but not quite the same. Greasy generally means undigested fat and if it’s chronic usually means she needs more enzymes.

eta> stool sample, about 2 days.

Fluffy/floating stool- sounds like malabsorption. Slimy- it’s what we see here when Emily passes a lot of mucus, but other times we see greasy stool, which is similar but not quite the same. Greasy generally means undigested fat and if it’s chronic usually means she needs more enzymes.

DS had a very basic blood panel done at Mayo and it came back within 7 days, if it’s more extensive with deletions, sequencing it can take several weeks. Stool sample took about a day or so. Throat cultures 5-7 days as well, though I always request that copies of lab results be mailed to me as well because sometimes the nurse will just call with the results and I like to see what, if anything is growing and sensitivies to antibiotics.

DS had a very basic blood panel done at Mayo and it came back within 7 days, if it’s more extensive with deletions, sequencing it can take several weeks. Stool sample took about a day or so. Throat cultures 5-7 days as well, though I always request that copies of lab results be mailed to me as well because sometimes the nurse will just call with the results and I like to see what, if anything is growing and sensitivies to antibiotics.

Profile photo of sugarmagsugarmag

Meant to say blood test for genes took 2 weeks for us

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.