• Profile photo of ProxyProxy
    Originally posted by: Ratatosk

Originally posted by: Proxy

how much does the whole Vest system typically cost?

In the states without insurance it runs about $12,000-16,000. I think the receipt for DS’ Hill-Rom was $12K and change. Originally I thought we’d have to come up with 20% as per our insurance for Durable Medical Equipment; however, I think it ended up being about $500 total out of pocket. We were initially denied and had to appeal. A friend of mine had a rent to own agreement for the difference, another had an arrangment in which a portion was charged to insurance over a two year period. They also have financing available.

Thankyou I have never have one and am beginning to wonder if maybe I should

Profile photo of ProxyProxy

In the states without insurance it runs about $12,000-16,000. I think the receipt for DS’ Hill-Rom was $12K and change. Originally I thought we’d have to come up with 20% as per our insurance for Durable Medical Equipment; however, I think it ended up being about $500 total out of pocket. We were initially denied and had to appeal. A friend of mine had a rent to own agreement for the difference, another had an arrangment in which a portion was charged to insurance over a two year period. They also have financing available.

Profile photo of ProxyProxy

Profile photo of MammahuffMammahuff
    Participant

That is an great idea but kind of expensive. Don’t they think the vest cost enough? I would love to get one for Austin’s vest but am only willing to go to like $25.00. LOL!

Participant

That is an great idea but kind of expensive. Don’t they think the vest cost enough? I would love to get one for Austin’s vest but am only willing to go to like $25.00. LOL!

Participant

Profile photo of RatatoskRatatosk

Parent to a child wcf DDF508

We’ve gotten the new blue washable vest, yet I have yet to wash it. You can just call Hillrom and they’ll send you one no charge. Color choices are black, pink and blue.

We’ve gotten the new blue washable vest, yet I have yet to wash it. You can just call Hillrom and they’ll send you one no charge. Color choices are black, pink and blue.

Profile photo of mamaScarlettmamaScarlett

awesome!! but the idea of the washable vest is also fantastic-mine is always covered with hypertonic salt, and the occasional spit accident. (!)i try to wipe it off, but its never perfect. something you can actually put in the washing machine is genius.

awesome!! but the idea of the washable vest is also fantastic-mine is always covered with hypertonic salt, and the occasional spit accident. (!)i try to wipe it off, but its never perfect. something you can actually put in the washing machine is genius.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.