The CFF has a interesting and easy to use Drug Development Pipeline webpage which shows the stages of medication that is being developed for Cystic Fibrosis treatment. The stage of development of each medication is clearly indicated and the medications are divided into categories of therapeutic approach. The categories are:
- Restore CFTR Function (e.g. Kalydeco/Ivacaftor)
- Mucociliary Clearance (e.g. Pulmozyme/Dornase Alpha)
- Anti-Inflammatory (e.g. Ibuprofen)
- Anti-Infective (e.g. Azithromycin)
- Nutritional GI (e.g. AquaDEKs)
There are six medications in phase three trials right now. You can click on any of the medications and learn more about them. For example, OligoG is a mucociliary clearance medication in phase two trials.