Enzymes – Frequently Asked Questions
- The doctors want me to give the enzymes to my baby in food but he’s only a week old? I thought we weren’t supposed to give solids that early.
- My baby nurses by grazing. When do I give more enzymes?
- I’m supposed to give ½ an enzyme. How do I do that?
- How do you do enzymes for nighttime feedings?
- Something they don’t ask but should know: If your baby has thrush be careful the enzymes don’t get stuck in their mouth or throat!
- My toddler refuses to take his enzymes. What do I do? The whole put in ice cream, bribe, etc. or are there other philosophies?
- Something else they don’t ask, but should: What types of food are okay to put enzymes in?
- When can they start swallowing the pills?
- How do you get your toddler/youth to swallow pills?
- My enzymes aren’t working. Do brands work differently? What brands work best for you?
- What is the proper dosing?
- Can you dose by fat intake instead of by body weight?
- How much fat can an enzyme “process.”
- How do you know if constipation is caused by too many or too few enzymes?
- My child has horrible GI issues. What can I do with enzymes to improve?
- What do stools tell you about enzyme dosing?
- When is it best to take the enzymes? Beginning, middle, end of meal, or some first, middle and last.