Recipe submitted by Ashlee
Enchilada Casserole Anti-inflammatory Recipe (Cystic Fibrosis diet)
- 3 cups tomato sauce or salsa
- 16 corn tortillas
- 6 green onions sliced
- 2 lbs ground turkey or beef
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (whole milk)
- 1 avacado diced
- 1 Tbs cilantro
- 2 Tbs turmeric
- 2 Tbs cumin
- 1 Tbs sea salt
- 1 Tsp oregano
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare a 9X13 inch baking dish.
- Pour about ¾ cup of salsa or tomato sauce in the baking dish, and spread until the bottom dish is coated. Top with a layer of soft tortillas until entire dish is covered. Sprinkle ¼ of green onions in dish. Sprinkle ¾ cup of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Cook ground turkey or beef separately with oil in a pan and add cilantro, turmeric, cumin, sea salt, and oregano in pan after beef is finished being cooked.
- Add green onions, beef or turkey, and layer with shredded mozzarella cheese again. Add last layer of tortillas and add shredded cheese over the tortillas. Add remaining green onions and diced avocado over shredded cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Serve warm.