Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies (Cystic Fibrosis Diet)
From Ratatosk. I found this recipe after I found my son with cystic fibrosis sprinkling salt on his chocolate chip cookies. Figure this would be a recipe for the unique CF palate.
- 7 strips of bacon cooked really crispy
- 1 cup +3 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 stick butter softened
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips (original author used semi-sweet chunks)
- optional chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Finely chop crispy bacon ( I used my mini-food processor)
- Mix together flour and baking soda
- Cream together butter and sugars in a large bowl. Add egg and vanilla and beat until just blended. Add the dry ingredients; beat until just incorporated. Be careful not to overbeat! Stir in chocolate chips, bacon and optional nuts.
- Drop a large tablespoon of dough onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown on the edges and slightly soft in the middle.
- Let cool on a rack for only a few seconds and eat HOT!. Store any leftovers in a container and refrigerate.
Note on recipe says to save the bacon grease to drizzle over popcorn.
Share this Recipe